We are looking for a skilled and dedicated System Engineer to join our global IT Infrastructure & Operations team, the key driving force behind our constant business growth. The Systems engineer will be an experienced IT professional with a strong flair for database administration, Operating systems ,scripting and automation with good innovation and inter-disciplinary collaboration skills.
- Manage SQL Server & Oracle Databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems
- Install, Configure, Backup, Recover and Maintain Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL & Postgres
- Setup and Administer SQL Server Clusters, Replication Oracle RAC and Dataguard
- Conduct root cause analysis & implement pro-active measures, and monitor effectiveness of implemented measures
- Perform operational support for the ERP application portfolio and infrastructure
- Need to work closely with different teams on topics including, Support, Change requests and administration to ensure the smooth running of systems.
Incident and problem management
- Respond promptly to incidents, investigate & provide a permanent solution
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
Availability Management and Disaster Recovery
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of availability
- Support Business continuity measures, i.e., backup/restore procedures & disaster recovery plan, to ensure continuous operation of the business.
- Automation of routines tasks and Operations using Ansible or other tools.
- Maintain and improve the existing disaster recovery concepts
- Maintain awareness of new technologies that might enhance device operation, capacity and performance
- Manage the activities associated with patch management, audit and compliance of DB
- Ensure that all infrastructure Change request are maintained ,followed according to policies and recommendations
- Ensure that all routine maintenance tasks are completed on all operational infrastructures
- Proficient in managing SQL Server & Oracle Databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems
- Proficient in Database Performance Tuning, Security, Monitoring and Capacity planning
- Experience in High Availability (HA) , Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server & Oracle
- Hands on experience in managing SQL Databases deployed on cloud (Microsoft Azure preferred)
- Demonstrate in-depth technical competency in delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, scalability, performance and security for the following:
- MSSQL 2012/2014/2016/2019
- Oracle 11G/12c/18c/19c and Grid control
- SQL replication/Performance tuning
- MSSQL/ORACLE Database refresh, Backup & Recovery
- Database upgrade and patching
- Linux and windows Administration
- Diploma or University graduate with special focus in Information Technology related modules or discipline
- 3 - 5 years of work experience in the field of Information Technology with solid practical experience in MSSQL/ORACLE
- Must be willing to support after office hours and/ or on weekends when needed
- Minimal regional travelling might be required post pandemic.