Formed in 2019, through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years of experience in pioneering the use of technology to help people with hearing loss hear the sounds that make life wonderful. We are active in over 125 markets and employ 11,000 people worldwide. Our broad portfolio of hearing-related products and services generates annual revenues of around EUR 1.7 billion.
WS Audiology seeks for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to design state-of-the-art hearing aids to meet and anticipate customers’ needs. You will be working in a team on process and materials R&D and perform the full life cycle of product design within the given timeline and budget. More specifically:
- Brainstorm together with the team to generate new ideas to tackle ongoing product and market challenges
- Ensure all key challenges are clearly reported, ideally with corrective action plans
- Review first manufacturing samples parts, engineering builds, and the preparation of reports
- Manage and provide product data, such as 3D models, 2D drawings, assembly manuals and work instructions
- Work closely with engineering and all other teams to ensure product performance, reliability, and cost targets are met
- Work closely with local and overseas vendors to develop new components & processes and provide technical support for production ramp-up.
- Identify and resolve complex problems using strong problem-solving skills to handle situations
- Responsible to implement new technologies or concepts into new hearing aids design
- Working with various tools such as SolidWorks, ProEngineer, DFM etc to design, test, validate and improve existing designs
- Responsible for BOM (Bill of Materials) creation and maintenance
- Provide product support by performing technical analysis related to process/design problems
The successful candidate will ideally be an experienced design engineer with proven strong capability and expertise in engineering knowledge on plastic/metal/rubber part designs, as well as a good understanding of various cosmetic processes and finishes. He/ She will preferably have experience working in an international environment, with cross-functional teams across geographical sites.
- Master / Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of advanced professional experience working in consumer product design and development with plastic, sheet metal, and rubber parts and knowledge in plastic injection, sheet metal stamping tooling, and surface decoration processes.
- Knowledge of Solidworks / ProE / Wildfire / CREO
- Expert in modeling for consumer devices. Demonstrate good project management skills & PLM process understanding in facilitating stakeholder discussions and driving for decisions in accordance to the delivery timeline.
Join us and be part of our Mechanical Design Team!