Formed in 2019, through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years experience in pioneering the use of technology to help people with hearing loss hear the sounds that make life wonderful. We are active in over 125 markets and employ 11,000 people worldwide. Our broad portfolio of hearing-related products and services generates annual revenues of around EUR 1.7 billion.
As a Hardware Design Engineer, you will have the responsibility of the electronics in the next-generation hearing aids. You will be a part of the development process from the very early phases where you’ll conduct feasibility studies and define the product specifications to designing and maturing the solution and finally verifying the design.
Some of your daily tasks as a Hardware Design Engineer are:Routing Methodology Database
- Responsible for continuous information gathering, creating, and maintaining the "Routing Methodology Database" and cross-discipline layout guidance to enable cross-functional schematic/layout review.
- Actualization of design from schematic to layout, with coordination of internal design reviews with necessary function teams (Mechanical, Electro-Acoustic Development, Wireless, ASICs, Test development), vendors, and PCBA team.
- Support and responsible for his / her own area of responsibility from concept, development, verification, and qualification phase
- Develop both existing and new PCB vendors in technologies that would be the technical needs and miniaturization of the hearing instruments. / Innovate and design miniature PCB and amplifier (i.e. electronics packages) in both BTE and Custom via FF, concept, or development projects
- Failure Analysis, Second PCB sourcing, Product life maintenance, Continuous work process & efficiency improvement, Cost Saving, Component's EOL (End-of-Life), Substrate PCN (Process change notice)
- Interface and collaboration with various sections within R&D and with various departments like Production and vendors
The successful candidate will be an experienced Engineer with strong analog circuitry design knowledge with knowledge of analog susceptibility to digital circuit design and/or RF layout. Good communication skills are necessary and able to work with inter-continental departments
- Bachelor Degree with 3 or more years of working experience in schematic, layout strategy, and review of analog audio devices with wireless features
- Experience in analogy circuit/layout design with knowledge of analog susceptibility methodology to digital circuit design and/or RF layout.
- Computer literacy, Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Simulation in Pspice or any other schematic and/or layout simulation tools
- Strong initiative towards schematic and layout design and review Programming experience preferred
Join us and be part of our R&D Hardware Team!