At WS Audiology, Research & Development is about understanding people – and building awareness about how our hearing aids can change their lives.
We are hiring a Senior Materials Engineer to drive and lead Materials engineering topics for all WSA products, accessories, and processes. The incumbent will be responsible to support material related tasks and processes for forefront; product development projects and to work closely with Operations team when implementing new materials into production processes.
- Scouting, evaluation, selection and qualification of different materials for use in hearing aids
- Support material related tasks during product development and maintenance
- Measurements, evaluation and verification of fitness of materials applied in hearing aids
- Implementation and assurance of regular standards of medical devices in the field of materials (biocompatibility)
- Definition and initiation of concept and forefront projects in the field of materials
- Execution of concept and forefront projects in the field of materials
- Coordination of internal and external R&D collaborations in the field of materials
- Support production and process development in collaboration with Operations team in implementing new material with optimized process parameters and quality control.
The successful candidate will be working very closely with R&D, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Legal and Quality team. Externally, the incumbent will also be fronting suppliers and test services, while striking rapport and building collaborative work with research institute and institutes of higher learnings.
- Master’s Degree in Material Science/ Metallurgy/ Engineering
- At least 5+ years relevant experience within Material Engineering
- Experienced in the following will be an added advantage:
- Corrosion mechanism & prevention,
- Plating system processes,
- Gluing processes, automation & glue selection
- Production and process development
- Paint coatings, lacquer system development with suppliers
- Plastics and Rubber materials, Biocompatibility requirements
- Ability to work independently, yet also be a strong team-player who thrives in dynamic and ever-changing work environments.
- Ability to clearly articulate issues quantitatively both verbally and with documentation
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Experience working within a multi-functional / multi-cultural team environment
- Strong knowledge in chemistry / metallurgy / polymers
- Good understanding of ISO9001, ISO 13485, ISO14001