At WS Audiology, Research & Development is about understanding people – and building awareness about how our hearing aids can change their lives.
We are hiring a Senior/ Simulation Engineer to perform as a technical subject matter expert in Simulation for BCD SG. This position would be instrumental in bringing up the capability and competency in areas of predictive simulation. The incumbent shall support Mechanical structural, Quasi-static, Dynamic, Impact, Moldflow, CFD, Thermal, Magnetic and Vibro-Acoustic simulations during forefront, conceptual and product development phases for Hearing Aid (HA) instruments within the company both locally and globally.
- Perform simulation in the field of structural strength, system level drop test, thermal analysis, mechanical vibration; magnetic and wind noise (Computational Fluid Dynamics) in a hearing instrument
- Perform material characterization and test results analysis
- Perform failure analysis of critical components (electro-mechanical and mechanical)
- Perform correlation tests with simulation models
- Work/liaise with external labs for material characterization
- Participate in design review meetings to identify and resolve structural failures/risks
- Train and coach design engineers in robust design and best practices for simulation analysis
Mold flow simulation:
- Responsible for mold-flow simulation prior to tooling release in order to ensure manufacturability of plastic components
- Provide feedback and solutions to optimize plastic part design and tooling design
Innovation and Forefront Projects:
- Generate & lead Forefront projects to develop innovative CAE concepts to support HA development
- Perform vibro-acoustic simulation combining airborne and structural borne for fast evaluation of mitigation plans in HA design
- Perform vibro-acoustic simulation to improve HA stability on BTE level
- Applies or adapts complex engineering concepts in consideration with organization processes
The incumbent shall also ensure that any simulation model has reasonable correlation with actual data. He/ She shall follow-up with the design engineers to ensure proper and effective implementation of simulated results and solutions proposed through design changes to meet product specifications. He/ She may also be required to participate and be a key contributor in HA product development programs. Part of this role is also to propose Forefront topics in this field to improve on product development efficiency and mitigate design risks. The incumbent shall actively seeks new simulation technology trends, demonstrating ability to understand the implication of implementing such technology to bring-up competency level of the team year on year.
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Simulation / Structural Engineering or related disciplines
- Minimum 3 years of simulation experience in a product development environment
- Prior experience working with some of the following will be a great advantage: CREO CAD; CAE-Finite element analysis; Computational Fluid Dynamics; Vibro-Acoustics; Consumer/ Medical product simulation experience
- Track record in technology scouting and team leadership.
Performance and personal competencies:
- Demonstrates the ability to present verbally and in written form with convincing technical analysis
- Demonstrates ability to challenge technical solutions and current practices
- Displays and encourage strong teamwork in cross functional teams
- Understands the impact of own area of work as well as team members' area of work to stakeholders.