Formed in 2019, through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years of experience in pioneering the use of technology to help people with hearing loss hear the sounds that make life wonderful. We are active in over 125 markets and employ 11,000 people worldwide. Our broad portfolio of hearing-related products and services generates annual revenues of around EUR 1.7 billion.
At WS Audiology, Advanced Engineering plays an extremely crucial role, acting as a pathfinder between R&D and Manufacturing. We accelerate the technology of hearing instruments and tailored solutions to tackle complex engineering systems, bridging innovation and final product by leveraging on our clearsighted strategic planning procedures.
We are hiring a Senior / Process Engineer (NPI) to develop and implement manufacturing processes required to manufacture a high-quality product in a repeatable and cost-effective manner. You will provide technical support to R&D and Production in the process development of new product introduction and forefront development.
- Compile technical reports from engineering evaluation.
- Create and update assembly work instructions/drawings.
- Creates, edits, and maintains necessary documentation to ensure compliance with ISO or industry standards & procedures.
- Develop Manufacturing Procedures, Quality Control Plans & Measurement, Corrective actions plans, and Preventive Action etc.
Engineering Support to R&D and Manufacturing:
- Applies knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials and provides technical support on ongoing product and process improvements during their manufacturing lifecycle.
- Develops and supports new forefront, PFMEA, control plan, manufacturing processes, and products with R&D and support reliability tests.
- Need to be trained in the machine and then produce samples according to requirement.
- Design jig and fixture for new product manufacturing.
- Evaluates, documents, implements, and monitors processes and machines required for the printed circuit boards assembly (PCBA) and full assembly (Box build).
- Liaising with equipment vendors for trial and evaluation.
- Works closely with production and support teams to manage workflow.
- Provide training to operatives.
- Participant and execute continuous improvement activities
Candidate must possess at least Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor's Degree (Mechanical/Electrical), Professional Degree or related field.
- Min 2 years of experience in Manufacturing /Semiconductor environment
- Experience in SMT manufacturing processes, ASIC packaging processes, and box build assembly as well as an understanding of process designing, product introduction, and development.
- Have DOE and FMEA knowledge.
- Proficiency with computer software programs (Microsoft products, AutoCAD, or other CAD programs).
- Hands-on ability to do SMT reworks.
- Ability to do operate the microscope.
- Good organizational and communication skills (English and Chinese) required for providing training and preparation of work instruction
- Good analytical skills and ability to troubleshoot.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, and prioritize tasks.
- Train production personnel on new processes and procedures.
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment.