At WS Audiology, Information Technology forms the lynchpin of businesses the world over and success can often rest squarely on its shoulders. We are chiefly concerned with aligning our objectives with the company’s goal, establishing governance, managing risk, and constantly seeking for performance excellence. We are delivery-focused, ensuring that our organization successfully turns inputs to outputs in an efficient manner.
There is a need to look for a skilled and dedicated Senior System Engineer to join our IT Infrastructure & Operations team for global support. The incumbent is an experienced senior IT professional with a strong flair for scripting, development and automation, as well as above-average innovation and inter-disciplinary collaboration skills. He/She should have a solid practical cloud- and on-premise-based IaaS/PaaS experience (Microsoft Azure preferred).
Deploy and operate the WSA Azure cloud and on-premise infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain the respective infrastructure and management tools
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Manage and monitor all required systems and interfaces
Incident and problem management
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for complex incidents and problems
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
Availability Management and Disaster Recovery
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of availability
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies (including disaster recovery concept)
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Maintain and improve the existing disaster recovery concepts
- Maintain awareness of new technologies that might enhance device operation, capacity and performance
- Apply vendor provided maintenance to devices
- Ensure that all routine maintenance tasks are completed on all operational infrastructure
- Ensure that all infrastructure equipment is maintained according to policies and recommendations and perform regular checks on environmental equipment and conditions.
- University Degree in Computer Engineering / Computer Science or similar disciplines
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in an IT Infrastructure work environment
- Demonstrates superb technical competency, having delivered mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security
- Experience in Azure IaaS/PaaS Services will be crucial
- On premise datacenter services (Nutanix, AHV, Rubrik, VMware) will be required
- Networking knowledge would be an added advantage (Juniper, Citrix Netscaler)