Formed in 2019, through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years of experience in pioneering the use of technology to help people with hearing loss hear the sounds that make life wonderful. We are active in over 125 markets and employ 11,000 people worldwide. Our broad portfolio of hearing-related products and services generates annual revenues of around EUR 1.7 billion.
To deliver on our purpose of making wonderful sound part of everyone’s life, we are strengthening our capabilities with an additional passionate and purpose-driven Web Engineering Manager in our Business Application team.
You are responsible for delivering a committed technical roadmap in a timely manner with a defined (high) bar of the quality, security, and stability of deliverables.
More specifically, the Web Engineering Manager will be responsible for:
- Technical roadmap delivery. Understand product requirements and drive a team to create a technical breakdown shaping it into a clear technical roadmap with well-defined milestones and timelines. It is EM’s responsibility to organize a team’s work securing such a roadmap delivery once it’s been agreed with key stakeholders.
- Dependency management. Defining (together with a team) all roadmap dependencies and managing them accordingly. Team’s dependencies should be raised to owners in a timely manner (according to the SAFe process or similar to it), EM should receive a clear dependency owner commitment, and proactively monitor dependencies' delivery.
- People management. Responsible for people’s growth, career advances, motivation, and attrition in a team. EM is expected to implement a set of action items targeting to contain talents and foster a healthy culture in the team.
- Team’s processes. EM is responsible to organise (does not mean to execute) essential for team processes - planning, routine meetings (agile meetings for instance), reporting, others.
You have excellent technical knowledge with the ability to coordinate people and projects with your mindset on deliverables. You have good communication; leadership, organized with attention to detail.
- Bachelor or MSc in Computer Science or related field
- Experience leading software teams or are interested in, developing your leadership ability in order to manage the highly skilled engineering team
- 8+ years experience developing large-scale, high-reliability software products.
Performance and personal competencies
- Good communication skills both written and verbal – ability to clearly demonstrate and explain software performance and underlying business drivers to a range of audiences
- Ability to work and manage teams to deliver results within timelines
- Results orientated, accountable, take responsibility and leads by example, raising standards
- A people-oriented person who is always looking for solutions and bringing quality and efficient improvements
Join us and be part of WSAudiology today!