Formed in 2019, through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years’ experience in innovating the use of technology to assist people with hearing loss hear the sounds that make life wonderful. We are active in over 125 markets and employ 11,000 people worldwide. Our broad portfolio of hearing related products and services generates annual revenues of around EUR 2 billion.
At WSAudiology, our Global Operations team plays a vital role in attending to our customers an end-to-end committed approach: from sourcing to manufacturing and delivering the end-product. We are always aiming for operational quality by adopting the best practices. In Purchasing, we’re first and foremost business people who understand and fuel the growth of our business.
We are currently looking for a Senior Buyer, as we continue to grow and build our capabilities to achieve our aspirations.
Reporting directly to our Purchasing Manager, the Senior/Buyer will be responsible for the worldwide material planning, purchasing, inventory control, supplier delivery performance and continuous improvement for direct materials, to support our engineering and manufacturing requirements.
As a Senior/Buyer, you will be working very closely with R&D, Quality, Production and Operations to align on supplier selection and qualification, often participate with team members on high value and strategic contract negotiations including pricing terms & conditions as well as guiding other strategic & tactical purchasing issues.
- Evaluate and update latest forecast to suppliers
- PO execution or set up consignment program
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
- Evaluate & control purchases per targeted inventory level setting
- Monitor and control slow moving and end-of-serviceable items
- Monitor and control Inbound logistical costs
- Coordinate till full clarifications on invoices discrepancy alerts from account payable
- Liaison with suppliers on Goods return, reject or repair
- Implement engineering change order per plan timeline
- Responsible for “Purchase to Pay” complete closure into system
- Initiate & follow up till closure on supplier capacity expansion
- Ensure materials & components are delivered timely through proper coordination with supplier chain and supplier
- Initiate/coordinate rework/conversion to minimize obsolescence/scrap
- Monitor and follow up supplier logistical improvements
- Support assigned projects that impacts to purchasing operations/KPI
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
- Diploma / Degree holder in Supply Chain Management
- More than 5 years of experience in materials planning, purchasing, order handling and any other purchasing related tasks within medical devices or electronic manufacturing industry
- Organized, independent, motivated and professional follow-up skills
- Effective negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and great analytical skills
- APICS certification / knowledge will be an added advantage.