Formed in 2019, through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years’ experience in pioneering the use of technology to help people with hearing loss hear the sounds that make life wonderful. We are active in over 125 markets and employ 11,000 people worldwide. Our broad portfolio of hearing related products and services generates annual revenues of around EUR 2 billion.
As a key member of the Hong Kong business, the Financial Accountant will provide transactional support, including the timely and accurate reporting of financial information to the local business and Global Finance team monthly.
Reporting to the regional Head of Finance, the financial accountant will provide support day to day to the HK business including the provision of timely advice, information, reports, and any other data required by management to make informed business decisions.
• Work closely with the global shared services team to close off end of month transactions
• Reconcile intercompany balances with group counterparts
• Review monthly standard journals prepared by the global shares services team and sign off for posting
• Review Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations prepared by group shared services team and ensure they are accurate, and all accounts are fully reconciled and supported
• Review Right of Returns, Provision for stock obsolescence and Provision for Doubtful Debt calculations as part of the month end process, ensuring compliance with Group accounting policies.
• Review and approve month end financial results prior to lodgment with the Global Reporting team (IFRS)
• Prepare monthly Revenue and COGS report by product – for Group reporting purposes
• Review and approve of all payments and report monthly on cash position
• Manage AP queries raised both internally and externally to ensure accurate and timely payment
Tax & other regulatory reporting
• Review and lodge any indirect tax filing obligations as required
• Work with the external auditor as part of the annual statutory audit obligations of the HK entities, ensuring that information is provided timely, is complete and accurate.
We are looking for an engaging Finance professional with influencing skills and an ability to gain buy-in from a broad range of different stakeholders.
You will embrace the WS Audiology values in all aspects of your position and be rewarded by making a profound difference to our customer’s lives:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CA or CPA
- 3+ years of relevant experience in some combination of accounting or reporting, from either an audit firm or an international company
- Relevant experience applying knowledge of IFRS, financial statements and internal controls
- Experience preparing and/or reviewing financial statements