As a Hardware Design Engineer, you will have the responsibility of the electronics in the next-generation hearing aids. You will be a part of the development process from the very early phases where you’ll conduct feasibility studies and define the product specifications to designing and maturing the solution and finally verifying the design.
Some of your daily tasks as a Hardware Design Engineer are:
Routing Methodology Database
- Responsible for continuous information gathering, creating, and maintaining the "Routing Methodology Database" and cross-discipline layout guidance to enable cross-functional schematic/layout review.
Schematic & Layout Design
- Actualization of design from schematic to layout, with coordination of internal design reviews with necessary function teams (Mechanical, Electro-Acoustic Development, Wireless, ASICs, Test development), vendors, and PCBA team.
Forefront and/or Product Development activities
- Support and responsible for his / her own area of responsibility from concept, development, verification, and qualification phase
Substrate vendor/packaging development:
- Develop both existing and new PCB vendors in technologies that would be the technical needs and miniaturization of the hearing instruments. / Innovate and design miniature PCB and amplifier (i.e. electronics packages) in both BTE and Custom via FF, concept, or development projects
Provide technical support to other departments on Amplifier Development aspects:
- Failure Analysis, Second PCB sourcing, Product life maintenance, Continuous work process & efficiency improvement, Cost Saving, Component's EOL (End-of-Life), Substrate PCN (Process change notice)
- Interface and collaboration with various sections within R&D and with various departments like Production and vendors
The successful candidate will be an experienced Engineer with strong analog circuitry design knowledge with knowledge of analog susceptibility to digital circuit design and/or RF layout. Good communication skills are necessary and able to work with inter-continental departments
- Bachelor's Degree with 3 or more years of working experience in schematic, layout strategy, and review of analog audio devices with wireless features
- Experience in analogy circuit/layout design with knowledge of analog susceptibility methodology to digital circuit design and/or RF layout.
- Computer literacy, Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Simulation in Pspice or any other schematic and/or layout simulation tools
- Strong initiative towards schematic and layout design and review Programming experience preferred
Formed in 2019 through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years of experience in pioneering better solutions to help people with hearing loss. With a passion for impact, our 11.000 employees are committed to achieving our purpose: wonderful sound for all. With brands like Signia, Widex, Audio Service, Rexton, and Vibe, and with diverse assets across wholesale, retail, online, managed care, and diagnostic solutions, we are active in over 125 markets. Going beyond together, we achieve annual revenues of around EUR 2 billion.
WSAudiology Singapore is one of our two head offices and a major manufacturing and R&D hub, employing more than 1,300 people across a variety of functions. Here, we design and develop state-of-the-art behind-the-ear hearing solutions. We value your career and personal development by ensuring that you are equipped with skills for success.
Join us and be part of our R&D Hardware Team!