WS Audiology combines over 140 years of experience in pioneering better solutions to help people with hearing loss. With a passion for impact, our 12.000 employees are committed to achieving our purpose: wonderful sound for all. With brands like Signia, Widex, Audio Service, Rexton and Vibe, and with diverse assets across wholesale, retail, online, managed care and diagnostic solutions, we are active in over 125 markets. Going beyond together, we achieve annual revenues of around EUR 2 billion.
As a member of the WSA Legal Department, the Legal Counsel, Privacy and Compliance will drive our company privacy and compliance topics across Asia Pacific. He/She will advise our various teams on how to reach their business goals in a manner consistent with WSA’s privacy and compliance standards. This person will be based in Singapore and join a team of 3 legal counsels advising on various legal and compliance topics across Asia Pacific.
- Provide advice on privacy laws and regulations and support on data privacy framework, control procedures and maintain data privacy compliance documentation for APAC region
- Partner and engage with stakeholders to establish and drive the roll-out of data privacy policies and use of controls and processes, including develop and deliver training programs for employees to promote data privacy awareness
- Evaluate and advise on privacy risks associated with new programs, applications, systems, cross-border transfers of personal data, including drafting/reviewing of consents, privacy policies and related documentations to ensure that new introductions or versions of products and services comply with the applicable data privacy laws
- Investigate data privacy related complaints, carry out audits/assessments, carry out data-mapping, monitor and report on risks, in line with established procedures and processes
- Oversee the compliance framework, i.e. antitrust, anti-bribery, anti-money laundering, business partners due diligence etc., and control procedures for APAC region
- Partner and engage with stakeholders to drive the roll-out of WSA global compliance policies and use of compliance controls and processes, including develop and deliver the training programs for employees to promote compliance knowledge in APAC region
- Provides compliance assessment and advise on new products or new business ventures
- Investigate compliance related complaints, carry out audits/assessments, monitor and report on risks, in line with established procedures and processes
- Degree qualified in law or equivalent qualifications, and good standing with a bar association
- +4 years or more of relevant legal experience, with a mix of compliance and/or privacy related matters
- Internationally recognized data privacy certifications would be advantageous but not mandatory (e.g. IAPP CIPP/A, CIPP/E, CIPM, CIPT)
- Experience, and more importantly personal interest, in technology, internet and digitalization
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal – ability to clearly demonstrate and explain business performance and underlying business drivers to a range of audiences
- An ability to execute tasks and deliver presentations in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent people skills, capability to build solid working relationships with the Group, the Regions and across the markets
- Drive, determined and high standards. Resilient and high energy
- Strategic mind-set, results orientated, accountable, takes responsibility and leads by example, raising standards.