WS Audiology combines over 140 years of experience in pioneering better solutions to help people with hearing loss. With a passion for impact, our 12.000 employees are committed to achieving our purpose: wonderful sound for all. With brands like Signia, Widex, Audio Service, Rexton and Vibe, and with diverse assets across wholesale, retail, online, managed care and diagnostic solutions, we are active in over 125 markets. Going beyond together, we achieve annual revenues of around EUR 2 billion.
To deliver on our purpose on making wonderful sound part of everyone’s life, we are strengthening our capabilities with additional passionate and purpose-driven team players in the Research & Development team working on mobile applications. We are the key experts for the central App Component communicating to our hearing systems mainly via BLE. Quality is in our DNA.
- Design and build advanced functionalities for the Android platform
- Write the test code (especially unit tests and integration tests) to ensure robustness, improve usability and performance
- Be part of the future of mobile apps for hearing aids and help create outstanding mobile offerings
- Take responsibility for the modules you develop and strive for continuous improvement of the same
- Work closely with system feature teams, the product teams and embedded software teams
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize development and testing efficiency.
Education: completed university studies (Masters/ Bachelor's Degree/ Diploma/ PhD) in Computer Science, Mathematics or a comparable subject
Personality and Working Practice: agile, self-motivated, self-organized, team player with an open-source mind set, open to international collaboration
Skills: good problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate through complex situations.
Knowledge: full proficiency in Kotlin; Strong understanding about Android SDK, knowing how to use which API to build optimal apps in terms of runtime performance and memory management
Experience: Substantial years of experience as a Software Developer and some years of experience in developing high-quality Android apps, with Clean Architecture and Android Jetpack; writing maintainable and readable unit- and integration tests; experience with Bluetooth is also a plus
Qualifications: good problem-solving skills and the ability to navigate complex situations as well as the ability to conduct nice, respectful, constructive yet efficient code reviews
Enthusiasm: love writing clean code while still being able to understand the need of moving fast
We are also open to hire candidates on a remote / hybrid arrangement.